The main part of the Construction screen is the four Domains, guarded by their respective Sentinels. When you present each Sentinel the treasure he asks for, he will allow you to build a variety of upgrades in his Domain. Pay the cost and assign Builders to build an upgrade and unlock new ones.
You must present a few (Treasure no.1) to the Sentinel to unlock this Domain.
You must present a few (Treasure no.8) to the Sentinel to unlock this Domain.
You must present a few (Treasure no.15) to the Sentinel to unlock this Domain.
You must present a few (Treasure no.22) to the Sentinel to unlock this Domain.
Start with 1 Builder, unlocking additional ones with Builder Bros construction in Yellow Domain, up to 10. However, by purchasing Iodized Builders, not only can existing Builders be improved, but also new ones can be bought, omitting the construction.
The following is a list of ways to improve Builder speed:
- Upgrading Builders
- Iodized Builders (Gem Shop purchase)
- Iron Throne (construction, Blue Domain)
- Cards (several Spelunking cards (Candle, Geode), Bro of Some (Crusade 15), Incarnate E (Oblivion))
- Attack Speed Pro Rift (6th Pro Rift unlocked via construction)
- Irradiated Builders (Gaxial smithing, only affects Iodized Builders)
- Hammer Time (Spelunking, learning perk 14)
Finally, builders get a +2% build speed bonus per construction level (Iodized builders get 10%). Therefore, anything that provides a construction experience boost provides a second-hand boost to construction speed.
Machines are unlocked with Machinery construction in Yellow Domain, up to 8. Input a treasure and choose an output treasure to convert higher tier treasures into a lower tier. The ratio of conversion is 1:3 per tier, which means if you place 1 Ore Veins, you can get 3 Coin. If you place 1 Crown, you can get 3 Ore Veins or 9 Coin, etc. With Pink Printer construction you can also make Pink Souls from White Souls with a rate of conversion listed on the upgrade.
The following is a list of ways to improve the conversion speed of Machines:
- Upgrading Machines with treasures
- Mach Speed (construction, Blue Domain)
- Spelunking Cards (Champ Cup, Ruby)
- Attack Speed Pro Rift (6th Pro Rift unlocked via construction).